Sunday, March 17, 2013

Divine Skies

I want on a baby hike with Shelby yesterday. There's just something about nature that I crave more and more.


There is always something new to be discovered on the side of the mountains bordering Kaysville. You really can never run out of places to explore. I always feel a sense of peace and wonder. Physically and spiritually, I feel closer to heaven and am in awe of the beauty of this earth.


The view is breath-taking. It starts with the valley below with everyone living their lives--coming home from work, playing with their kids, reading outside. My house and all my memories growing up are in sight.


Then, I look up at the sky, at the swirling clouds and the glaring light. I think of the atmosphere and the infinite universe. I am so small, but there's a divinity inside of me that is everywhere, in everyone, because of Him. He created this for me, for you, for everyone we love.



"Oh Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the works thy hand hath made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed;

Then sings my soul, my Savior, God to thee.
How great thou art, how great thou art." --Stuart K. Hine.





2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful. Your halo is visible at all times. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are stunning. And your writing is stunning.

    ReplyDelete