Wednesday, March 13, 2013

We are His hands.


I've had a couple experiences lately where I was given the opportunity to reach out to someone but for one reason or another I was holding myself back--social norms, too busy, wanted to use my time doing something else, just plain scared of that person's reaction, I would look weak, etc.

And every time I have chosen to heed that prompting, something beautiful has happened that turned out to be an answer not only to their prayers, but my prayers.

"With this in mind, let our hearts and hands be stretched out in compassion toward others, for everyone is walking his or her own difficult path. As disciples of Jesus Christ, our Master, we are called to support and heal rather than condemn. We are commanded 'to mourn with those that mourn' and 'comfort those that stand in need of comfort.'"   

--Elder Uchtdorf

My first grader brightening my day with a gift.


1 comment:

  1. I want to be you when I grow up.

    You are so good at this and such a Christlike example to me. I know God loves me because He put you in my life.

    Thank you for being His hands in my life today. And erryday. Let's be honest.

    ReplyDelete