Friday, February 15, 2013

Dumas is my Valentine

Guys, today was the best Valentine's Day. Usually I pretend it's a normal day and maaaaybe remember to wear some pink. But then I read this and realized that Valentine's doesn't have to be about loving my romantic love interest (who is currently non-existant. HI CITIZENS OF SOUTH CAROLINA!), but I can make a special effort to love everyone. Strangers, friends, classmates, family. And it turned out to be such a fulfilling day talking to strangers and also people I know (don't worry) and creating deeper bonds with them than I normally do.

What else made today special? Weeeell. Some friends and I resolved that we're sick of not being able to read for leisure during school so we started a book club. Now we have to read books we like! And it's nice to escape to fun little cafes like Cafe on 1st.

 For January we read The Count of Monte Cristo. Mmm. Amazing book. If you haven't read it, I suggest you should. Even if you can't read. Have someone read it to you, it's that good. Emma would take it on a deserted island with her and nothing else. Not even food.


Laughing and eating curry.
Treated myself to an awesome 'do today! 

Love it when we talk literature--and life.




1 comment: