Monday, March 5, 2012

Humming Hearts


This weekend was won.der.ful. Friday, I went to a dance concert that Marissa was in with Shelby. I loved watching Marissa perform again. She is so beautiful, elegant and animated on and off the stage. Annnnd I certainly enjoyed going with Shelby, we braved the strange siren apocalypse dance and breathed together through the dances depicting life's beautiful trials. It was a real treat.

You know, sometimes we have disagreements with people. And recently I've been able to recover friendships that were struggling. And I am so grateful for those learning and growing opportunities. I'm never one that enjoys conflict but...life happens. And I'm thankful to have a heart at peace.

Saturday night, I went to the spring play, "Korzcak's Children." Everything about it transcended the ugliness of the reality of war and uncovered the beauty that can be found through love, integrity, mercy and charity. Yes, the set was phenomenal and a visual treat, but my friends were the most rewarding to watch--seeing them give so much of their body and soul on stage. The performance was beautiful breath-taking, but I admit, I didn't cry until the very end when my friends were coming out for the curtain call. There is something about standing up after a performance and giving my respect to the performers that really tugs at my heart strings. And when I'm on the opposite end, on stage, paying respect to my audience I feel this way too. Standing ovations make my BAWL. All the time. And it's because I'm so grateful for the opportunity to perform or experience someone else's performance. I'm grateful for those talents that God has given all of us. There is so much Love in that space with those people. It is something I miss, having so many people around me that I love and love me unconditionally. That auditorium is truly a sacred place for anyone who has been blessed with the opportunity to perform there. My eyes welled-up with salty tears as I took in my surroundings and remembered all the memories, moments, discoveries and new friends made.


NEWSFLASH! Holy crap. So I applied to go teach in China right? GUESS WHO JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!! I am so excited. I...words...can't describe...what I'm feeling right now. It's a good thing I went to the bathroom before I found out...that's all I'm saying :// OH MY GOSH!!!!! I'm excited. :)


Sunday, one of my best and dearest of friends was struggling. I love her to death. To death.And I would do anything for her. She has been given some hard struggles in this life and her spirit is amazingly strong. So many times she has come to help me in my darkest hours. She even asked me to be her Valentine this year. :)) Anyways, so her dad took us home from church (he's in the Stake Presidency...IT'S FINE.) and we just had a wonderful time. I love her so much.


Anyways, I was praying this weekend about how grateful I was for these opportunities. And afterwards my heart just hummed. It felt like humming ok?? I really don't know how to describe it. Some religious sects might call it feeling the Holy Ghost. And it was a beautiful feeling. :)



1 comment:

  1. i love everything about you. everything about this post it EXACTLY what i like. i loved being able to watch the play with you and be with you in the auditorium after. I LOVE YOU. so much. and i miss you. so. keep being beautiful.

    ReplyDelete