Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wo ai Zhong Guo because...

I've been learning some Chinese! I can't read characters BUT I can speak it a little! So. I love China because...


OF THE KIDS!!! Get ready for a picture exploooosion. I can't get over how cute all these kids are. I want to take all of them home with me!


My sassy 1st graders!

Classic Kindergarten behavior haha!

Honestly, I used to hate going to Kindergarten because the kids are crazy and I'm not quite sure what the teachers want me to do...so I just play with them. And now I love it!

These are our 4th graders. They used to be just Maddy's but my 5th grade class got cancelled and now they are mine too!

The kid in the front I have named "the Jacket Stealing Bandit" because he stole my jacket and ran around the classroom and it was hilarious! I looove this picture just because of that!

This is Niki (named after none other than Niki Waite!!) And she is a ball of sunshine. Whenever she sees me she calls my name in her cute little voice!

GAH!!! I have never known cuter children in my LIFE.

We had a lesson on clothes and so they had fun dressing up! These are my cute 3rd graders. :)

I just LOVE teaching. At first, it was really hard and frustrating because I didn't know how to teach and what the kids needed from me. It's tiring and wears me out. And it's amazing how tired I get after only a few hours of teaching! I didn't know how I was going to like living in China if I didn't like teaching. But now, I love it sooo much! I look forward to going to class and being with these kids. The little kids are so fun and loving and willing to learn. They always give me drawings and little gifts. I even got a dandelion yesterday! My middle school kids are PUNKS and I aaalways lose my voice trying to calm them down but they are so fun and are soo smart and love to learn! And my high school kids are the bomb. I love joking around with them and being silly! They think I'm crazy, but we have so much fun so it's fine! I feel like I'm more their friend than a teacher. I love to hang out with them and talk to them about their secret girlfriends and boyfriends (they aren't allowed to have them at school...it's so sad!) and play games. Yesterday, we played volleyball with some girls and needless to say I fit right in because...well. Volleyball isn't their best sport in China. It's hilarious. Even the boys are terrible. And it was so fun!

1 comment: