Sunday, June 17, 2012

some resolutions MUST be broken.

So I got pulled over this last week (who knew there was a rebel in me?! Next time I'll tell you about how I repeatedly swear in my sleep.) It was my third time getting pulled over but it was my first time getting a ticket and the first time that I didn't shake uncontrollably as I handed the officer my registration (but NOT my insurance information because it couldn't be found....ANYWHERE.) It was terrifying. And I'm sorry that I don't really feel guilty about going 16 over in a place where it is clearly a speed-trap. You know, the place by Columbia Elementary? And I'm usually one of those people who is upset because they feel sincerely guilty about what they've done. But I must say, this was one of the first times where I was sad just because of the consequence. Haha oh well!! It was upsetting at the time (and a couple choice words may have exited my mouth) but then I finally got to my destination and my lovely friend Shelby consoled me as tears continued to flow out of my guilty face. And even though I knew I had a $100 ticket to pay in the near future, I just couldn't resist buying a few items when we went shopping. And I feel fully justified in breaking my New Year's Resolution of not buying clothes until the Fall. And we have matching plane outfits for China which is...you know. Freaking awesome.


My ticket to Speedster-ess Row. And my fashionable prisoners' garb.

1 comment:

  1. Some of those choice words just might be my favorite.
    And that entire road is a beast. HATE it. You go, girl.
    I like you.

    ReplyDelete