Thursday, January 3, 2013

THE WORD


Spirit [spir-it]
n. an attitude or principle that inspires, animates, or pervades thought, feeling, or action. With spirit, she had the courage to live life whole-heartedly.

Origin: 
1200–50; Middle English  (noun) < Latin spīritus  orig., a breathing, equivalent to spīri-,  combining form representing spīrāre  to breathe+ -tus  suffix of v. action


THE RESOLUTIONS:

Give my time to those in need, visit cute old people, give goodies, make dinner for someone, write letters, visit friends...less time on the internet or doing nothing. Why not do the things worth doing?

Open my whole heart to everyone I come in contact with, say what I feel, be open minded

Share my talents more often

Change it if it's worth changing. Do it if it's worth doing. (As in, do the freaking SWEET stuff I have on my monthly bucket list)

Define each day with a quote/work of art/song

Keep my room CLEAN. Yeah...it's like I'm 5 still. But this'll bring the Spirit into my life.


I thought long and hard about what the word would be this year. My resolutions aren't necessarily record-able but these are things that I want to work on this year and need in my character. It's a little different! I feel like Spirit is all-encompassing for what I wanted. It went from Selfless to Charity to Courage and then finally to Spirit and it just worked with all that I wanted and for the things that I have in store for me this year. I've got some big and constant changes ahead and I need the the Lord's Spirit to guide me and my own guiding Spirit to motivate me to do the things I want to do with my time. Man. Life is GOOD. 

1 comment: