Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Highlights.

Lemme tell you something about America. I LOVE IT. The snow, the people, the mountains, the beds, the showers, the food, the people, the culture, the school, the adventure, the people. Some of these things I came to love because I didn't have them in China. Others of these things I came to love because I learned to appreciate that I had them in China and everywhere in my life. People mostly fit in this category. And adventure. What are the highlights so far?

Let's start with my major. You know you are in the right major when you can't even choose a favorite or least favorite class because you love it all! And I love the people in my classes. MAN, PEOPLE. Love 'em. And I get to volunteer for my major so I think I'm going to hang out with my homies at a nursing home down the street.

And the material in my classes! I can't get over it. It's all about happiness and how to create happiness especially through recreation and leisure. This is ground breaking stuff. I'll probs write a whole post dedicated to quotes in my text books, no lie.

Another highlight: Grandma Simmons. She's 94 (I think) and a delight to visit. I saw her the other day and I happened to be wearing a hat I crocheted that is bright and made with every color of the rainbow. She kept eying my hat and eventually mustered the courage to ask if I'd make one for her. She's so dang cute! This is the grandma that had bright green shaggy carpet. So. I think she'd love it.

I also went to my dear friend, Marissa's farewell. And her talk was PHENOMENAL. All about courage--having it to act, to accept yourself and others, etc. It was so touching and I know was felt in so many hearts. After, we all crowded around the piano and sang hymns. And I felt like we were all part of God's army. Which we are.


I dunno. I can't even begin to give all the reasons why life is great. And of course I get discouraged, but it's so GOOD. I look at the snowy mountains and think how grateful I am for every moment of life--right now.

And here's a pretty picture...I may or may not be here SOON.

2 comments:

  1. You make me SO happy. I love you. I am so glad you are so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, I loved this post, especially the paragraph about Grandma and the hat...and her green, shaggy carpet :)

    ReplyDelete