Thursday, December 20, 2012

I. LOVE. YOUUUUU!!!




I don't know a better send off than what I got from these kids! They are my cute 2nd graders and I already miss them so much. I have a video of almost all of my classes and I'm finding myself watching them over and over.

Our last night in Tongcheng we went to our headmaster/Dumbledore's wedding. Hahahaha oh man. What the experience. First, they asked Maddy and I to sing so we prepared to sing "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis and we had harmonies planned and everything. But then, this piano guy there was like "Oh! I can just improv it and accompany you." And we're thinking that he has got mad talent skills...plus we didn't have much say in the matter. So then we sing our song. And. Just be glad we forgot to record it because it was a train wreck!! I dunno if the applause was just a courtesy clap or what but I was trying SO hard not to laugh while singing.

And then there was so much smoking that when we took pictures, they all turned out blurry. GROSS!! My clothes and my hair smelled sooooo bad. Speaking of cigarettes, the couple played this game, if you will, where each held one end of a string in their mouths and in the middle was a lit cigarette and they had to light a candle with the cigarette. I mean, I've never seen THAT before. And then there was lots of karaoke. It was interesting!

The next morning we said good-bye to Annie, our best friend and liaison. I will miss her, our school and our students so, SO, much. My experience in China has been life-changing. Even though it was so hard, it was worth every little frustration and sadness. And I CAN'T wait for the day when I get to see those people again, whether it's here on earth or in Heaven. And then we'll be able to understand each other.

And I am so much more grateful for America. Man, I love this place. AMURICA!


No comments:

Post a Comment