Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hong Kong

I found heaven. And it's in Hong Kong. Why? It's clean, international (so we're not stared at all the time . YAY!!!), has lots of yummy food, the beach, and the CHURCH!!!! That's a recipe for pure happiness.

I love her. I'm soooo thankful for this time we have together. It has been THE best. :)

It was kinda cool.

We have so much fun together. It IS illegal.

So FIERCE.

When we first saw angel Moroni, I thought I was gonna cry. I was so happy to FINALLY be at the temple!

Monkeys. EVERYWHERE. 

See the terror in my face? YEAH. They were everywhere.


Funny story! So we're with our friend that we met at church who took us to go see the monkeys right? And he told us to not really make too much noise or sudden movements around the monkeys. And no smiling....that's a sign of aggression. SO. We're walking down the road and there were all these monkeys and so I'm like "la la la Imma take a picture." Turn on my camera and "rrrrring!" It makes a nice little jingle that I didn't ever really notice on my camera. Mr. Monkey turns and gets in total attack position! And he just starts jumping on Maddy and ripping out her hair!!! So she has this bald spot sorta...she pulls it off quite well. It was unfortunate.




...Just kidding! Maddy still has all her hair. And the monkey didn't attack her. But we were all kinda terrified there for a sec. It was hilarious!

Another cool story: Today is a holiday in HK, so the temple was only going to be open until 1. We headed toward the temple at 12 ish but then we accidentally went to the ward meetinghouse which was in the completely wrong direction! And so we're like CRAP! There's only so much time! So we figure out which was the temple is and get there around 12:15. We go inside to find that they were cleaning up the font and getting ready to close. We were bummed but it turned out to be a HUGE blessing in disguise and an amazing experience. The Chinese lady who was cleaning the font started talking to us and said she wanted to bear her testimony to us. It was the most amazing testimony and her life story is remarkable. She was so sweet, genuine and humble. Her name was Irene and I will never forget her. Meeting her inspired me to be a missionary, even in my daily living, and to never EVER give up and lose faith in God because he loves us. If you wanna hear the full story (it's worth it) then ask me! I can't possibly write it here and still have the same effect. Face to face is more awesome anyway. :) But anyways! Basically, even though we didn't get to do baptisms and help those on the other side, we still were inspired and given strength to help those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment