Sunday, May 20, 2012

diners, motorcycles and general authorities.

This weekend was wonderful in SO many ways. Reason number 1:

I went to a nice little diner in Salt Lake with a few of my best friends. Who doesn't like some nice and eclectic culture filled with art and good food??



We love each other a lot. And good food!!



We are all secretly (or not so secretly) waiting for him. Our little missionary.


Reason number 2:

CAMPING!! There's nothing like the great outdoors. I'm just sayin' I'm gonna need to marry a man--Nay. A MOUNTAIN MAN-- who is down with getting dirty and going for an adventure. Often.



Me and my bro just getting ready to go camping!


Feelin' all the adrenaline after our motorcycling and four-wheeling.



So comfy and cozy. :))


And third:

CONFERENCE!! So amazing. I went with my friend Sofie, whom I love so very much. She is amazing.


Me and my sister!! We love the color green.


Boston, Sofie, and I! Just happy to be at the temple.

Conference was sooo good. Definitely needed to hear most of it. If not all of it.
Here are a couple of gems spoken by my friends, Elder Holland and President Uchtdorf:
-Never underestimate your potential and power for good
-Strive to be better and strive to help others to do the same
-Everyone experiences the storms of life. Strong homes and families will stand if we hear and act on the prophets' teachings
-Find a way to put the prophets' teaching in our life
-Don't miss out on the divine opportunity of selfless service
-We are free to choose but we are not free to choose the consequences
-accept divine help and choose the right
-be concerned about your own conversion and then help others by laboring diligently through trials--it's a life-long, noble task.
-Be not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ
-Today is the ideal time to relight the powers of conversion by:
having a current temple recommend, studying the word of God, and speaking with Heavenly Father daily

Really. It was a very good conference and this isn't even half of the good stuff. I hope you could pick up something good for yourself too. Happy Sunday!!



2 comments:

  1. I love this. And you. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did meet a mountain man... Nay, a COWBOY!! ;)

    ReplyDelete